They say Long Tail Pro is the best tool for long tail keyword research, but what does it really offer you, and do you really need it? I know how it feels to wonder if you should spend money on a tool that may or may not help out your online success, which is why I wanted to do a Long Tail Pro review. I want you to leave knowing if this is a product that will be a good investment and help you get more traffic, more leads, make more money, and have more success overall. So let’s get into it!
What Is Long Tail Pro?
It’s a paid software that can help you find long tail keywords – plain and simple. You can download the software on up to 3 computers with your paid purchase. And you need adobe air on any computer you want to put the software on.
One thing I don’t like is that their video they have posted on their site starts out by saying something like, “Do you ever wonder how businesses can succeed overnight?” which implies that their keyword tool can help you have raving success quickly. That’s not true, so please don’t believe that.
Don’t get me wrong, the chances of you getting indexed and ranked quickly for a long tail keyword are high, but you need to build content around a lot of keywords before you have raving success. It just can’t happen overnight.
You do need to connect your Google account to the software in order to make it work for you. It integrates with the Google Keyword Planner to give you accurate results. You also need to create an account with moz.com. Both these are needed to get certain data from the tool, so keep that in mind as you consider whether or not you want to use Long Tail Pro.
When you have Long Tail Pro downloaded, you enter in a keyword that you want to rank for and the tool will create a list of long tail keywords related to that keyword. It tells you how competitive the keywords are and how many people are searching for them, and you can move forward from there.
There is also a Long Tail University available with every annual plan. This is where you can learn all about how to use the tool and make the most out of it. This is perfect for beginners or people who really want to understand everything there is about the tool and how to use it effectively and get the most value for their money. When they say this is a $197 addition, they mean it.
Lastly, they have a blog to help you stay up to date with the software and current keyword issues or events. Not only are the blog posts helpful to your keyword success, but go ahead and read the comments in that blog. It will become very obvious that some long-term, successful bloggers and product developers are using the Long Tail Pro keyword tool for their business, and that proves just how effective it is at doing its job – and doing it well.
What Can Long Tail Pro Do For You?
I don’t want to sit and go through the how-to in this review because you’ve probably already seen that in other reviews or on the Long Tail Pro site. I want to review exactly what this tool can actually do for your online business or blog, which is what you need to know.
The whole point of this tool is to rank for keywords that don’t have a lot of competition. For instance, you may desperately want to rank for the keyword ‘weight loss’, but the chances of doing so – at least on the first page where you want to be – is pretty slim. There is a ton of competition for that keyword, and that competition has years of content, link building, and plain old authority under its belt. You can’t compete with that. The search engines will almost always favor people who came before you and have a stronger on-site and off-site SEO plan that you do.
In short, for most people, there’s no point in trying to rank for a major keyword. It’s a waste of time. It’s much better to use Long Tail Pro and find keywords that do not have the competition, such as ‘weight loss’. For example, using the tool you may find a keyword like ‘weight loss mistakes’. If you can be one of the first to rank for ‘weight loss mistakes’, then you will dominate that keyword.
The Real Benefits Of Long Tail Pro
Long Tail Pro shows you a ton of related long tail keywords, not just one, and it shows you the local searches, global searches, how competitive the keyword is, and more. With this list, you will know what keywords you want to target and why, and that is a very good thing for online businesses.
Too many people create content schedules off blind faith. They pick a keyword that people seem to be looking for, write a post on it, and then hope for the best. That’s not a good idea. There is a very slim chance of success working in this way.
People who use tools like Long Tail Pro, on the other hand, don’t just pick a keyword. They take the time to figure out why they keyword will work for them, and why other keywords will work for them, and then they can create a content schedule that has purpose and potential. The chances of finding success with purpose and potential are exponentially higher than just shooting in the dark with your keyword strategy.
One of the things you can do with your list of long tail keywords that the tool generates is ‘favorite’ some and add notes to them. This is a great way to quickly see what you want to rank for and add inspirational notes to the keywords that help you remember what you want to do with them and why you think they would be a good addition to your content plan.
There have been too many tools where I favorite something but don’t remember what my intention was by making it a favorite, and that wastes time and leaves brilliant ideas lost in the wind. So I really like the note feature.
There is a ton of business benefits to this tool, including:
– Come up with a content plan based on unique keywords. One long tail keyword can smoothly move into the next and create a content plan for months in advance.
– Find low competition keywords that may help you promote affiliate offers better. This will help you stand out from other affiliates during product promotions or launches.
– Find long tail keywords to target a specific niche of people for your email list. People will sign up if they see you are a creating a list just for their interest or needs rather than a broad list that may not include what they are interested in.
– Find low competition keywords that target a specific niche to create a new and popular blog based on those keywords and niche. This is great for creating a tight niche blog that promotes very specific products and ranks well in the search engines.
– Find low competition, but popular, keywords to base your new product around. If you have an online business, no matter what you do, you will likely want to create products down the line. It may be an eBook or it may be a service, but either way, knowing what people are searching for will help you do it.
– Create a link building strategy based on keywords that will rank quickly for your guest posting plan. Trust me, it’s going to be even easier to rank for long tail keywords on an authority site, so make sure to use them in your bio or in your byline when you guest post.
– Find keywords that people are looking for that give you ideas you would never have gotten otherwise. I can’t count the number of times this has happened to me. When you see someone searching for something like ‘weight loss tricks for women with hypothyroidism’ you understand how many different people there are out there searching for things that you would never think of.
– Find long tail keywords to use in your social media to help you rank quickly with people on social media looking for those keywords. And build your social media follow count because of it.
– Create sales pages targeted with long tail keywords that speak to people who are already far down into the buying process. And by doing so, close your sales much quicker.
Do you see where I’m going with this? This long tail keyword tool could help you build your online business or blog in every way possible. And it doesn’t matter if you are using WordPress, Weebly, or any other platform. The search engines are the search engines, and they will rank for your site if you have the right keywords with the right content.
Who Created Long Tail Pro?
Spencer Haws had tried all the keywords tools without a lot of luck and that’s what led him to create his own keyword tool. He has created many long tail websites and is also the founder of the popular website, Niche Pursuits. I love that Long Tail Pro was created by someone who actively had a problem and solved it – and then shared his solution with the rest of us!
– Generate hundreds or thousands of long tail keywords within minutes simply by plugging in seed words.
– You can search for keywords by target country.
– You can search for keywords by the search network you want to rank in.
– Build and grow your online business or blog in every way possible, including content, email marketing, social media, and more.
– Easy to use for beginners and pros alike.
– Save your favorite keywords and keep notes in your favorites to help you remember any inspirations you had about them.
– The support team will respond in less than 24 hours to any concerns you have.
– You can choose to pay month by month and then have the opportunity to cancel your subscription at any time.
– Or you can save 33% with the annual plan.
– Even with the starter plan, you get up to 10,000 searches per month.
– It may take time to go through the training and become a pro using the Long Tail Pro tool.
– You don’t get the training from the Long Tail University if you choose a monthly subscription plan.
Will It Benefit You?
Yes. All the successful bloggers and product developers I know are using a keyword tool to help them with their content and marketing strategy, and you should now be able to understand why.
A keyword tool like Long Tail Pro gives you an advantage over people who don’t use a keyword tool. You simply can’t guess how a long tail keyword will do because you can’t guess how much traffic it’s getting and how many people are trying to rank for it. It’s impossible. You are simply wasting time if you don’t know the potential your keyword has to bring traffic and/or leads to you.
Therefore, you need a keyword tool if you want to avoid wasting time and find the success you want. And if you are just starting out, having trouble ranking for keywords, or just want to bring in more traffic that you probably wouldn’t reach with your current keyword strategy, then Long Tail Pro is for you. It will help you find those hidden gems (keywords and niches) that will help you build a profitable strategy with your content, marketing, and social media.
As of this Long Tail Pro review, they have a $1 trial for 10 days. So you might as well try it out for those 10 days and see for yourself just how beneficial it will be for you. Make sure to put some time aside to learn all you can about the tool and use it properly. If you don’t make some great discoveries in 10 days, I would have to say that you are using it wrong or you are just not trying, but either way, you can cancel your membership and you’ve only lost a dollar.